Thursday, October 16, 2008

Good Night

Good night! which put the candle out?
A jealous zephyr, not a doubt.
Ah! friend, you little knew
How long at that celestial wick
The angels labored diligent;
Extinguished, now, for you!

It might have been the lighthouse spark
Some sailor, rowing in the dark,
Had importuned to see!
It might have been the waning lamp
That lit the drummer from the camp
To purer reveille!

Emily Dickinson
http://www.mith2.umd.edu/

Why I liked this poem so much is because I can relate to it. That is the way I see things in life. Sometimes things may happen slower than others what you want may happen exactly how you plan for them to. Something totalyy differetn from what you expected may happen and that may be for the best.
It speaks to my heart because of the way I interpreted it no matter your circumstance there will always appear a light. Sometimes harder than others or it may come from a different direction but you will always find your way out.

No comments: